Acupuncture is a branch of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Its strength lies in its holistic approach, linking one symptom to another – such as migraines and menstrual pain or thoracic pain and grief. It facilitates healing in the system as a whole, not just the local area. Both acute and chronic conditions resilient to other treatments have been found to be responsive to acupuncture.
Fine needles are used to stimulate the body’s nervous system and regulate biochemical and hormonal changes. Where sleep disturbances, poor digestion, emotional upset or fatigue are affecting the healing response, balance can be restored. This can have a profound effect on treating illness, relieving pain and improving health.
Acupuncture can be used in combination with Physiotherapy or as a stand-alone therapy.
- For relief from: pain, spasm, inflammation or swelling
- For relief from: sciatica, trigger points, arthritis and sports injuries.
- For general well-being or relaxation
- For relief from: sinusitis, nasal congestion, hay fever, recurrent coughs and colds
- For relief from: migraines, headaches, symptoms of anxiety and stress
- For problems with sleep, digestive complaints, poor energy or sluggishness
Acupuncture and Women’s Health for All Ages
- Relief from painful, heavy or irregular periods and from onset of menarche to pre menopause
- Enhancement of fertility, pre conceptual balancing or IVF support
- Relief from pregnancy symptoms, supporting birth
- Facilitation of natural menopause
- Migraines, headaches
- Symptoms of anxiety and stress
- Problems with sleep disturbance
- Poor energy or sluggishness
- Digestive complaints
- Promotes relaxation
I would like to thank you. I have been going trough the menopause for two years now. The hot flushes and night sweats were a not a nice experience. I went to The Physio Rooms for Acupuncture and it was the best thing. I have no sweats, no hot flushes and I can sleep, no panic attacks or anxiety. I do not take HRT, NO pills at all. Thanks again. MM
Menopause and Acupuncture
As medical intervention was unsuccessful on wear and tear on my neck I decided to try Physiotherapy and Acupuncture. It has made a huge improvement to my neck and well-being and I now have fantastic movement with little or no pain. Well done Physio Rooms.
Relief from Neck Pain
Following disc surgery, I came to The Physio Rooms for treatment of continuing pain in my leg and knee. I was unable to walk any distance. Hands-on Physiotherapy and rehabilitation exercises helped a lot to improve my movement and strength. I had never tried Acupuncture but found it particularly good for relieving the nervy pain I was getting down the leg. Craniosacral therapy helped boost my energy. For me, the combined approach worked very well to maximise my recovery. I now walk three miles a day five times a week with little to no pain.
Recovery from Surgery
After three miscarriages in early pregnancy I turned to Acupuncture as I heard it helped with blood flow throughout the body, the growing placenta in particular. Sheila was friendly yet professional, and made me feel at ease straight away. The relaxation and subsequent energy I felt both during and after my treatment was remarkable, and as I'm currently 38 weeks pregnant, it clearly worked a treat! I can't recommend it - and Sheila - enough.
Acupuncture & Fertility